Thursday 26 February 2009

Svetna#2

There was a radio broadcast by the BBC in the UK about 18 months ago, where a woman told her story of being kidnapped, held against her will and then forced repeatedly to have sex with random men. She was held this way against her will and forced into prostitution for 18 months!
During this period she saw many women being processed into sex-slavery at the same site.
This problem is much bigger than most people believe and is not confined to one society, creed or country. It is estimated that between 600,000 and 800,000 women a year are taken, held against their will, transported illegally across International borders and forced into sex-slavery.
I was so moved by the woman's story that I have written a book (fictional) which I hope will raise the awareness of the problem.
You can find out more about the book at http://www.svetna.com/
You can find out more about raising awareness of the plight of women subjected to forced prostitution on my future blogs.
John Stack 26 Feb 09

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I know this is a long time in coming, but I wanted to thank you for commenting on an article from a border town magazine in Texas way back in Feb. My name is Candice Lown and I work as outreach coordinator to promote awareness about the issue of human trafficking, and help train social service providers and law enforcement to identify victims of human trafficking. It is a hard task to make people care about this issue, but it is a very interesting issue because you can actually see things changing from day to day. Keep up the good work as well. I will post your blog on my blog, and please read my blog for my agency (Texas RioGrande Legal Aid) when you have the chance! http://yabastablog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete